As with the closing of every year, we all struggle come up with resolutions and have an even more difficult time following through with them. This year I had set one resolution… to read more. And, not to brag, but I am proud to say that I read 17+ books this year. Not all of them were serious and studious, but it still counted for me… it was progress.
So, looking ahead to 2013 I came up with 8 goals and resolutions. Please feel free to ask how I am doing with any of these. Part of putting these out in public is the expectation of others holding me accountable to them. Here we go…
- My first is to continue my goal from last year. So, I will make an effort to read as much as I can. Readers are leaders.
- Start to blog again. I have toyed with this off and on and had ultimately came to a blogging freeze. Like my boy MJ said in his simple, two word press release, “I’m back!”
- Pick up after myself. This one is at the request of my wife, Amanda. She is tired of tripping over my shoes, picking up my belts, and putting away the ironing board. I figured I’d throw her a bone and add this to my list. It will also work for my good as well. Maybe if I put my stuff away I would still have my favorite watch… my $20 Casio Calculator watch…
- Run a 10K regularly. I would like to work myself up to running 6 miles at least once a week.
- I would also like to get in the routine of eating good again. I’m not calling this a diet. My mantra is “making a good choice, one meal at a time.”
- My hope is that resolution 4 + resolution 5 = a loss of 20 pounds. That’s the goal. I’d like to weigh in at a slim 200 lbs. It is going to be a challenge since I am now training on my own, but I believe I can do it!
- Drink more water. Notice I didn’t say I wanted to drink less soda. It is well known that I am a Diet Mt. Dew addict. I know that stuff is not good for me, but I also know that if my resolution is not to drink soda I will fail miserably. So, I want to up my water intake for now. I’ll worry about soda later… maybe in 2014. 😉
- Finally, I want to compete in the Tough Mudder or another half marathon. I prefer the Tough Mudder because of the obstacles. Obstacle Racing has become a new passion of mine. However, I would settle for a half marathon… even with all the princesses at Disney.
I hope you enjoyed this and will keep me accountable to all 8 of these. Let’s do this together. Share your goals and resolutions for 2013.